JBuddy SDK and COM/.NET Release Notes
Build 120405 April 5, 2012
- Signon fix to MSN protocol
Build 120327 March 27, 2012
- Updated Lotus Sametime Connect library in support of Lotus Sametime Server 8.5.x
- Updated default Lotus Sametime server from stdemo3.dfw.ibm.com to sametime.lotus.com
- Attempt to fix an LCS/OCS disconnect deadlock under certain conditions
- New method resolveBuddies() in IJscClient for add buddy name-based searches (JBuddy Message Server)
- Updated JSC protocol to not resend each buddy list to server on sign on (JBuddy Message Server)
- Added support for floating licenses using .lic license files
- Added support for graphical License Dialog for .lic license files
Build 120123 January 23, 2012
- New support for LDAP and Active Directory authentication for JSC (JBuddy Message Server)
- New support for DNS SRV records for JSC (JBuddy Message Server)
- Fix for IClientFactory.showLicenseInfo() in support of .lic license files
Build 110808 August 8, 2011
- Fix for LCS/OCS Address Book API to expose required classes
Build 100815 August 15, 2010
- MSN interim fix - fall back to stable MSNP8 used by Windows Messenger after MSNP9 and MSNP10 were discontinued by Microsoft
- AIM protocol update
Build 100301 March 1, 2010
- Fix for File Transfer for MSN with Windows Live Messenger 2009
- More accurater Keep Alives for MSN
Build 100115 January 15, 2010
- New support for OCS Conferencing (multi-user chat)
- New support for LCS & OCS File Transfer
- New support for OCS Federated Public IM
- New support for LCS & OCS Address Book Search
- New support for SSL AIM and ICQ connections
- Updated Yahoo Messenger protocol
- Many fixes for LCS & OCS
- Fix for rich text bug in ICQ and OCS
- Fix for Access Violations in Visual Studio 2008 for JBuddy.NET
- Fix for 'Jar Not Verified' errors for JBuddy.NET
Build 090402 April 2, 2009
- New support for Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS)
- New support for DNS SRV records for XMPP and Microsoft LCS & OCS
Build 080418 April 18, 2008
New installer delivers JBuddy Developer Tools in one installer including
JBuddy Bot Framework 2.0 and a new JBuddy Bot Builder graphical application
- Includes updates from Build 0003 - 0006
Build 0003, 0004, 0006 (Customer Only) Q3, Q4, 2007
- Added NTLM authentication scheme support to Microsoft Live Communication Server (LCS)
- Added auth host properties to LCS
- Built-in software update check logs to stdout when a new release is available
- Signon fix to MSN protocol affecting some users
- File transfer update to ICQ to use AIM-style file transfer supported by modern IM clients
- Added basic support for incoming/outgoing OFFLINE IMs for AIM
- Changed JABBER.properties to support Google Talk by default
- New Digest Auth support for JSC
- RichContent bug fixes - msn default font color, encoded URLs so special characters like & won't break an XML parser
- Bug fixes
Build 0001 May 23, 2007
- Added JBuddy Bot Framework 1.0 and Java API support
- Added Microsoft Live Communication Server (LCS) support for IM and presence
- Added MsnActivity API to MSN to support MSN Activity Set
- Added isMobile() to IBuddy()
- Added addGateway(IGateway) and removeGateway(IGateway) to IClient for multiple Gateway listeners
- Added sendConfigToServer() to IClient for convenience
- Added length() and isEmpty() to RichContent
- Bug fixes
- Licensing and License Agreement Changes
Build 1516 March 16, 2006
- Added HTTP Proxy (Http Tunneling) support to allow JBuddy to pass through an Http Proxy Server
- Modified JBuddy Deployment build to only count machines, not CPUs
Build 1324 January 24, 2006
- Added connectEx method to JBuddy.NET for specifying host, port connections
- Added support for connecting to the WildFire XMPP Server
Build 1220 December 20, 2005
- Added support to JABBER/XMPP for self-signed certificates for iChat Servers and others
- Improved JBuddy (JSC) file transfer
Build 1130 November 30, 2005
- Improved ICQ language support and rich content (bug #81)
Build 1115 November 15, 2005
- Improved IGateway's connectionLost behavior by providing reason constants in IClient
- New Rich Content API support for XMPP and ICQ
- Improved Yahoo file transfer, buddy auth and protocol support
- Improved XMPP/Jabber to handle buddies without groups
- Ability to change client version information for public protocols
- Fixed IBuddy nickname for Sametime for cases where name isn't set
Build 21 September 21, 2005
- New package com.zion.jbuddy.conference with Conference (multi-user chat) API
- New package com.zion.jbuddy.richcontent with Rich Content API support
- New 'capabilities' properties available for IBuddy
- New SASL support for XMPP/Jabber (required for Google Talk)
- New Typing Notifications for XMPP/Jabber protocol
- New SSL connection for JSC protocol
Build 1925 July 25, 2005
Build 1727 May 27, 2005
Build 1508 March 8, 2005
- New support for SOCKS 4 and SOCKS 5 on a protocol basis
- Updated authentication for AIM
Build 1415 February 15, 2005
- New File Transfer APIs for JBuddy.NET
- Improved MSN file transfer support
- Improved AIM file transfer support
- New IClientFactory methods for licensing
- New buddy group methods in IBuddyList
- New methods in ISametimeClient and IJabberClient
- New keep alive packets and methods available on IClient
- Misc Bug Fixes.
Build 0626 June 26, 2004
- Update to YIM login after Yahoo updated their servers
Build 0124 January 24, 2004
- File Transfer API added with support in Java version for AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, Jabber, and Lotus Sametime protocols
- Update to YIM login after Yahoo! updated their servers.
- Bug fixes
Build 1008 - October 8, 2003
- Bug fixes for ICQ - encoding fixes for buddylist and incoming messages, status fix
Build 0929 - September 29, 2003
- Upgrade of Yahoo protocol to fix login problems after Yahoo updated their protocol.
Build 0915 - September 15, 2003
- Upgrade of MSN protocol for mandated Microsoft security fixes...MSN requires JRE 1.4.x or JRE 1.3.1 and JSSE
- Upgrade of Yahoo protocol for mandated Yahoo upgrade citing security fixes
- Support added for Lotus Instant Messaging (SAMETIME) and Jabber Instant Messaging (XMPP) protocols for enterprise IM users.
- AIM fix to support messaging with enterprise screennames such as email@example.com.
- International character support for AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ.
- MSN and SAMETIME support a new method endConversation() to conserve system resources after a chat session ends.
- IBuddy has a new method getProtocol().
- Introduction of transparent logging features for enterprise SEC and HIPPA compliance.
Build 0207 - February 7, 2003
- New ICQ protocol implemented to support new features like typing notifications and more concurrent server-side clients per IP.
- Several new IMessage types are introduced including CUSTOM_AWAY, AUTH_ACCEPT, AUTH_DECLINE.
- IGateway.AUTH_REQUEST_MESSAGE constant which was deprecated is no longer supported.
- getOwner() is a new convenience method for IBuddy.
- IMessage.AUTH_REPLY which was introduced in 2.0 was deprecated in favor of the more specific types above.
- requestAwayMessage() is a new IAimClient method and requests the custom away message of an AIM user.
- JBuddy MSN now url decodes the permit, deny and reverse lists as it only did for the buddylist in prior releases.
- JBuddy MSN no longer automatically sends a IMessage.TYPING message before sending the IMessage.IM. The JBuddy developer must manually send IMessage.TYPING for MSN to indicate typing activity if desired.
- Sending IMessage.AUTH_ACCEPT or IMessage.AUTH_DECLINE will populate the MSN client's PERMIT or DENY list respectively.
- JBuddy YIM and ICQ clients are now notified if a remote user declines our request to add them to our buddylist. Only ICQ clients are notified if remote user accepts our authorization request.
- AIM performance enhancements
- MSN performance enhancements
Build 1017 - October 14, 2002
- New AIM protocol lays groundwork for new AIM features and supports more concurrent server-side clients per IP.
- New JSC protocol brings IM client and server pieces together with enterprise IM protocol support for connecting to Zion's JBuddy Message Server.
- IMessage introduces getType() with support for various message types.
- new IMessageFactory class is used to create special message types like TYPING.
- Typing notifications are now available for AIM and Yahoo and are handled with a IMessage.TYPING message type for AIM, Yahoo, MSN and JSC.
- IBuddy adds isMobile() for AIM and Yahoo buddies.
- Bug fixes.
Build 0813 - August 13, 2002
- Fix for Yahoo Messenger connect problems seen under certain conditions.
Build 0719 - July 19, 2002
- Critical fix for Yahoo Messenger connect problems.
- With this release, JBuddy now requires a modern JVM and no longer supports Java 1.1.x. JBuddy has been tested with JDK 1.3.1 and JDK 1.4.0
- EnterLicense now accepts encrypted license filename as single argument for un-aided install scripts.
Build 0606 - June 6, 2002
- Fix for MSN Messenger protocol to support reciept of IMs from iPaq MSN Messenger IM clients.
Build 0329 - March 29, 2002
- New Graphical Licensing is the default. See JBuddy.properties in the lib directory to disable.
- New versions for concurrent Developer and Production licensing in same environment.
- Licensing errors no longer cause System.exit() and are now presented as an Alert Dialog or Stdout depending on the GUI Licensing property.
- Fix for YIM protocol signon problems.
- Fix for ICQ protocol send/receive messages depending on the recipient client version.
- Support for receiving offline messages on YIM protocol.
Enhancement for AIM/ICQ protocol allowing buddy lists to be saved to the server. IAimClient.sendConfigToServer(); IIcqClient.sendConfigToServer();
Build 1116 - November 16, 2001
- Fix for YIM protocol where new Yahoo! Messenger 5.0 clients append control characters to the messages.
- Fix for AIM protocol which corrects presence bugs in buddy list concerning lists with same buddy multiple times.
Build 807 - August 7, 2001
- Fix for AIM protocol disconnects caused by sending messages of a specific length on Windows platform.
Build 724 - July 24, 2001
- Fix for Yahoo protocol
- New methods in IClient to access buddy lists
- New methods in IBuddyList to access listType
Build 625 - June 25, 2001
- Renamed interface classes from IMClient, IMBuddy, IMBuddyList,
IMGateway, Message to IClient, IBuddy, IBuddyList,
IGateway, IMessage respectively to clarify as interfaces. The IMClientFactory
was also renamed to IClientFactory to follow the naming convention. Use a case-sensitive
search and replace in your editor to rename before rebuilding your application against the new
- Introduced new narrowing interfaces for each protocol for access to protocol specific features:
IAimClient, IIcqClient, IMsnClient and IYimClient.
- Improved methods in IBuddyList to access IBuddy objects.
- IBuddyList replaces case-sensitive get methods originally in IMBuddyList with
non-case sensitive get methods. Remove the last boolean argument for these methods before
rebuilding your application against the new JBuddy.jar.
- IBuddyList does not include printStatusChart() method originally in IMBuddyList.
See printStatusChart method in CmdLineClientDemo in demo directory.
- Numerous bug fixes across several protocols.
- Improved CmdLineClientDemo.
- Improved documentation with Javadoc.
January 3, 2001 - Initial release.