JBuddyTM SDK and JBuddy COM/.NET Tools README
If you need to build an interactive IM Bot, IM gateway, IM client or IM-enable your application quickly and easily without being distracted with the underlying details of each protocol and their evolution, you've come to the right place. Using the JBuddy SDK or JBuddy COM/.NET Tools, a software developer with basic programming skills in JavaTM or any COM or .NET programming language can easily
integrate Instant Messaging & Presence technology into client or server deployed applications using the simple JBuddy API and runtime components.
Features at a Glance
JBuddy SDK provides the following features for most of the IM protocols. Please consult the specific API features for more information.
- Instant Messaging
- Presence (buddylists, status, privacy)
- Rich Text Markup
- File Transfer
- Conferencing (multi-user chat)
IM Protocol Support
Popular Public Instant Messaging Services
Enterprise Instant Messaging Protocols
- AIM -AOL Instant Messenger SM
- ICQ - ICQ (I Seek You)
- MSN - Windows Live Messenger (formerly MSN Messenger Service)
- YIM - Yahoo Messenger
- JABBER - Google Talk
- JABBER - XMPP Protocol (aka Jabber)
- SAMETIME - Lotus Sametime
- OCS - Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS 2007)
- LCS - Microsoft Live Communications Server (LCS 2005)
- JSC - JBuddy Message Server protocol
- Requires Java 1.3.1+ *
- MSN, JABBER (XMPP), and JSC may require SSL authentication which is available in the JSSE library or included in Java 1.4+ *
JBuddy COM/.NET Tools
- Requires JBuddy SDK 6.1+ and its requirements
* The latest Java Runtime environment can be downloaded from java.com
JBuddy SDK and JBuddy COM/.NET Tools require a valid license file or license key to run. A free, restricted license file comes bundled with JBuddy. Please read the LicenseAgreement to verify you are using JBuddy according to your agreement. On startup, JBuddy will try to locate a valid license file or license key. If you are provided with an upgrade license, you should replace the original jbuddy.lic file or license.lic with the license file you receive in order to remove certain restrictions in the bundled free license.
JBuddy license limitations - Free Edition
- The bundled license limits the number of chat sessions to three (3) concurrent chats within a fifteen (15) minute period
- The bundled license is limited to three (3) concurrent IM clients signed on concurrently
JBuddy SDK and JBuddy.NET are available in a double-clickable java jar installer.
The following subdirectories may appear depending on selections you make during installation:
- JBuddySDK - contains the APIs and resources for IM-enabling your application using Java technologies.
- JBuddy COM/.NET - contains the APIs and resources for IM-enabling your application using Microsoft COM and .NET technologies.
- JBuddyBots - contains command line tools, APIs and resources for building, testing and deploying interactive applications (Bots).
- JBuddyBotBuilder - contains a graphical application for developing, testing, deploying interactive applictions (Bots)
In addition to the developer documentation included in the installation, additional online support is available at:
Contacting Zion Sales
The limitations of the free, bundled JBuddy license can be lifted by contacting the Sales Department at Zion to purchase a less restrictive license suitable for your deployment needs. Please contact Zion Sales M-F 10-6 EST at 860-368-0643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://www.zionsoftware.com/company/contact.html and click the 'Instant Help' link and submit your question for live help.
JBuddy is a trademark of Zion Software, LLC in the US and other countries.
Copyright 2000 - 2012 Zion Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved.